Monday 6 September 2010

Project 2 - Focus

The next stage in the introductory stage of the module is to find a scene with depth and take three photographs of the same scene at different points of focus.
I'm planning on taking a trip to Southern Cemetry this evening, light and weather permitting, I like the idea if focusing on perhaps a tree, a tombstone and a statue in the same scene.

I'm going to try and do this in manual focus which is totally outside my comfort zone.

The second part of this exercise is to focus on the same area in the middle of the frame using different apertures. The suggestion is to use rows of objects and again, I think that the cemetry would be ideal for this.

I'm thinking about using the 50mm as it has the widest aperture of all my lenses, F1.4. I will probaby take a picture at F22, F8 and F1.4.

Reading ahead into the next section, movement, my current idea is to use a friend on a bike but I might try ducks, not sure yet, they don't move very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment